Awesome level... rising...
Thought you had enough awesome with Pirates, Ninjas, and Zombies? Well, get a load of this, bucko: Killer Plants, Steampunks, Ghosts, and Bear Cavalry are here to smash into your game!
Plants grow out of control. Steampunks build on bases. Ghosts shriek out of the ether, and Bear Cavalry scares away the opposition. Two players can play with just these decks, or mix them with original-recipe Smash Up for up to 4 players, and feel your awesome level skyrocket!
Feels good, don't it?
- - Awesome Level 9000 box description
This set also contains the same bases as the Core Set with enlarged text to replace the previous bases. This set is also the first to contain VP tokens as a means of tracking victory points.
- Field of Honor
- Haunted House
- Inventor's Salon
- Secret Grove
- The Dread Gazebo
- The Greenhouse
- Tsar's Palace
- Main article: Rules
The rulebook for this set can be found here.
This set made these changes to the rules:
- Added the definition of Talent.
This set also added these clarifications:
- The diagram of a base card explains that a base's ability is a "sort of a combination of Special, Ongoing, and Awesome.", although a more accurate description would just be "Ongoing".
- The definition of Extra reiterates that extras gained by Specials must be played right away. This was also stated in the "Me First!" and "Void Where Prohibited" sections of both rulebooks.
- The definition of Ongoing now says that some non-ongoing abilities can still last until the end of the turn.
- The definition of Ongoing says that Ongoing abilities are active for as long as "they're around" rather than "in play". This change introduces a new term which is not well defined, thereby making this definition less clear.
- The "Void Where Prohibited" section added that Specials can be played even on other players turns as long as they are applicable.
- The name of the set is a reference to Dragon Ball Z.