(Add the set's description on the back of the box)
- - Big in Japan box description
Big in Japan is the 12th upcoming Smash Up set (13th if you count the All Stars Event Kit). It contains 4 new factions and 8 new bases. Combined with all previous sets, there are 55 factions and 110 bases, which makes 1485 possible pairs of factions.
This set introduces factions with titans.
To be ordered alphabetically
- Main article: Rules
The rulebook for this set can be found here.
This set made a few modifications to the rules relative to the previous rulebook in What Were We Thinking?:
- Added titans to the game.
- Changed the rule to decide who goes first.
- Some actions now add power to a base without needing to have a minion on the same base (unlike Aggromotive and Summon Wolves). A number in the upper-left corner reminds you how much power each of those actions adds.
- Added an alternative condition for getting VPs when a base scores. When a base scores, the VPs are awarded to players who have at least one minion, OR at least 1 power there.
- Added transferred and shuffled to the list of "affect".
This set also introduced the following clarifications:
- "Having" cards at a base means you control them.
- The term "on-play abilities" is officially used for abilities that are not Ongoing, Special, or Talent.
- The free minion and action that you get on your turn are now called "regular" minion or action.
- Only the cards that "others can see" go to the hand/deck/discard pile of their owners. So if you play Field Trip, you can indeed place other players' cards under your deck, not theirs.