It's Titanic! But Without the Earworm...
It's TITAN time! The Titan cards, first introduced in Smash Up: Big in Japan are now back in this all-new event kit. Featuring Titans for various factions including Ghosts, Pirates, Changerbots and more, the Titan Event Kit will provide new strategies for many of your favorite classic Smash Up factions! The kit includes Titans sets for up to 8 players, an amazing new playmat, and really spiffy new power tokens!
- - TITANS Event Kit box description
Similar to the All Stars Event Kit, TITANS Event Kit is a special Smash Up set, only available for retailers. It contains 8 "Smash Up TITANS" packs (each containing 16 new Titans), a table-sized Smash Up playmat, a set of VP tokens and a token bag.
Unlike the previous event kit, this kit is not bundled with any copy of the Core Set.
This set does not contain a rulebook or any rules changes, however it comes with an insert with rule clarifications for several titans.
Previous set: That ’70s Expansion
Next set: The Bigger Geekier Box
- Ancient Lord, a titan for the Vampires.
- Arcane Protector, a titan for the Wizards.
- Big Funny Giant, a titan for the Tricksters.
- Creampuff Man, a titan for the Ghosts.
- Cthulhu, a titan for the Minions of Cthulhu.
- Dagon, a titan for the Innsmouth.
- Death on Six Legs, a titan for the Giant Ants.
- Great Wolf Spirit, a titan for the Werewolves.
- Major Ursa, a titan for the Bear Cavalry.
- Mergacon, a titan for the Changerbots.
- Moon Zero Three, a titan for the Super Spies.
- Spirit of the Forest, a titan for the Fairies.
- The Hill that Strolls, a titan for the Ignobles.
- The Kraken, a titan for the Pirates.
- Time Box, a titan for the Time Travelers.
- Very Large Boulder, a titan for the Explorers.
- Wooden lime green "+1" token
- Wooden yellow "+5" token
- Main article: Rules
This set came with an insert that contains clarifications for several Titans, but there's only one copy of it, so not enough to give away with the eight packs. Though, the insert is also available online.
- Other titans were tested, but only 16 of them were released.
- Among the unreleased titans, an alternate version of Cthulhu was considered. This one had no affiliated faction so any player could summon it, but the player who plays it wouldn't control it anyway as that version of Cthulhu works against all the players once in play.
- Its ability would have been "Special: At the start of their turn, any player may place one of their minions back in the box to play or move Cthulhu to its base. Each other player with minions there draws a Madness card. Ongoing: After a player plays or draws a Madness card, they place a +1 power counter on this titan. This titan has no faction, owner, or controller. When this base scores, if Cthulhu has more power here than the base winner, all minions here go back to the box instead of the discard pile, and no player gets victory points for the base. Ongoing: At the start of a player's turn, if they have a minion here, they draw a Madness card."